Friday, July 20, 2007

17 Oct 2006

Not even a month and we've already been fired...

On Saturday the 14th Eric was officially fired from his first job. How you ask? Why you ask? Well - it wasn't my fault.
Seriously.


We were supposed to be catering this wedding at the Presidio. We were supposed to get there at about 4pm. Due to the fact that Eric can't hail a cab worth shit - he got there around 5. Due to the fact that I didn't care I got there around six. So far, good start - right


So we're working this wedding - hanging out, getting the bartenders to hook us up with shots and drinks - basically having a pretty decent time. Now, since we are in San Francisco the caterer is gay. Which makes his boyfriend gay. So we meet Lee (the boyfriend) and he seems pretty cool. A little too cool if you catch my drift?
So this Lee guy and actually all the people there are pretty cool and they are giving us there cards and telling us how they'll set us up for other gigs because of the good job we were doing.
Now, I've got to tell the truth here - Eric was doing a good job, he really was working hard - bussing and running shit...blah,blah,blah.


On the other hand, I had been walking around for about an hour with the same glasses just going back and forth between the busser station, the reception area and my little hiding place. I was smart though and the boss man, Aaron thought I was really working hard. A plus for me!


We start wrapping up the night and Lee the boyfriend starts trying to get us drunk. I warn him that I'm from Santa Fe, that I am a proffesional drinker and that it wouldn't be as much for him as it would be for Eric and I. He refuses to let my good advice sway him and proceeds to try to outdrink me with tequila. Well about 5 shots later hes slurring his words, leaning on shit and hanging on Eric. Eric, a non-tequila drinker is also sloshed.
I keep drinking a little bit keeping the 505 torch held high.
Let me re-itereate here, that even though we were both late everyone really liked us. We won them over. We were going to be friends.


Seeing that all our work is done Aaron the boss pays me in cash. Then he asks me where Eric is to which I tell the truth - I don't know. We go looking for Eric and in the process find him in the boys bathroom (this was a highschool that the wedding was thrown in) pants down around his ankles engaged in a very, very awkard position with our friend Lee. Well Aaron runs out crying, Lee does whatever Lee does and Eric sneaks out of the building and hides.


This is the last thing I remember...


Cut to 5 hours later and its about 4 am and I'm lying face down at the bottom of a hill in a thicket. Eric and my new jeans are nowhere to be seen. For some reason I have my phone, have my wallet and have my money. Just no jeans. Why? Why?


I walk the 5 miles back to my house cursing Erics name for leaving me. I left him a message threatening to kill him. I try to hail a cab - but no one would pick up a guy without pants covered in leaves.

The next moring Eric tells me that as we started to walk home I nose dived off the side of a hill and there I lay - unwilling or unable to move. So he hoped a cap and left me.


We have reached the status of rockstars. There is no turning back.

No comments: